Wedding Cake Consultations
Cocoa’s Pastry Chef Jessica Isaacs will find the perfect marriage of cake flavors, fillings and frosting to match your day, whether you prefer something traditional or we can create something just for you.
Wedding cake consultations require appointments and occur on the premises and will last about an hour’s time. We recommend having your cake samples ready for the date of your appointment. Cocoa will need a week’s notice to schedule a consultation.
Cake samples need to be reserved in advance, as they are made to order based on your choices. We will also need a weeks’ notice to have the samples ready for you, we suggest you order when scheduling the consultation appointment. Cocoa will provide two cake samples at no charge, with each additional sample at a price of $10.00 each.
Pricing for cakes start at $4 per serving, decoration is a significant part of the cake’s price.
Cocoa also has several suggestions for wedding favors.
When considering your cake’s design, here are questions to help guide you:
- What is your budget?
- What season will the wedding take place?
- How formal will the occasion be?
- What does your gown look like or the reception space?
- Do you have colors selected or a floral theme for the wedding?
- Do you have swatches of fabric or pictures of cakes you like?
- How many guests will be attending?
- Will you be needing extra servings for those who RSVP at the last minute?
- Do you want each tier, if there are tiers, to have the same flavor or different flavors?
- Do you have the contact information for the wedding planner/caterer/manager at the reception site?
- Will the reception be indoors or outdoors?
- What shape will the cake be?
- Will there be flowers on the cake?
- Will it be a cake at all – perhaps you prefer cupcakes?
- Do you have a date set, and how firm is that date?